Monday, June 25, 2012

And so it begins

First of all, a huge thanks to Mark Sutcliffe for having me on Team 1200's The Running Show on Saturday to talk about my marathoning and fundraising efforts. You can check out the Podcast here : it's the June 23rd show, and my interview starts at about 31:10. Thanks also to Ken Parker for connecting me with Mark!

So Week 1 of REAL SERIOUS MARATHON TRAINING was ... not so serious. The heat made it a tough week to start: it was too hot to run outside most of the time, and the treadmill is my nemesis. I suppose I could have gotten up super-early, but I'm still in vacation mode, so didn't feel like it. On Tuesday, I just didn't feel like running at all. Then I gave my legs a very rude re-introduction to speedwork on Friday ... and on Saturday they didn't like me very much. And then I had a packed weekend.

Serious like Pre.

But these are not acceptable excuses for a REAL SERIOUS MARATHONER, so I need to get into gear this week. Starting this afternoon, with the long run I was supposed to do yesterday. Oops...

I will be keeping myself honest by posting my training each week. So here's Week 1:
M: 8k
TU: off
W: 9k treadmill + yoga class
TH: 7k treadmill
F: am weights; pm track workout 6 x 600m, 10 x 100m (approx. 8k total)
SA: 5k
SU: off

Week Total: approx 37k

Clearly I have some work to do. In a few hours. After lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment