Friday, June 1, 2012

More of Rachel being awesome...


So maybe it's cheating to have a blog wherein you simply direct people to someone else's blog. Oh well. Rachel is a powerful writer, and I found this post to be particularly jarring :

http://rachelanneschmidt.blogspot.ca/2012/05/chromosomes-monosomies-and-miracles.html

Immediately after reading Rachel's post the other day, I called Canadian Blood Services to make sure I was on the registry ... I thought I had signed up a few years ago, but couldn't remember. I was on. If you're not, it's something to consider. These days joining the registry involves a very simple swab. More info here :





http://www.blood.ca/CentreApps/Internet/UW_V502_MainEngine.nsf/page/E_ubmdrPKG-intro?OpenDocument&CloseMenu


I'm heading to Costa Rica tomorrow for a two-week holiday. I'm going to try to start my marathon training down there, but have no idea whether the weather/surroundings will be amenable to running.  I may just have to stick with the daily yoga sessions and come home all rested and malleable and ready to rock. Will update....

No comments:

Post a Comment